Sunday 25 December 2011

Joyeux Noël

Dear followers,

First of all, let me wish you a very merry christmas, wherever you are right now and however you celebrate these days. Either with your family, your beloved, your friends, alone or in any part of the world, I wish you all the best.

In my family, the 24th is the most important night. I only arrived yesterday at 5 pm after a long trip from Germany to Switzerland. My Dad called a day before and was totally afraid, that my flight could be cancelled. Therefore I went to the airport 3 hours earlier, with the consequence that I couldn't get into the earlier flight and a few hours to spend at the airport. But well, I didn't care as long as I arrived at home on time. And I did.

I was expected by my family and we had a lovely dinner. Afterwards we exchanged presents before Mom and I went to church for the midnight mess.

Today - a tradition in our family - we went skiing to Les Gets in the French Alps. Blue sky, really good snow conditions and few people made this day to one of my best skiing days ever. I have been waiting for this moment for now 8 months and couldn't wait to be on the slope again.

Nevertheless I would like to write something about my last week in Germany. I had two exams: English was fine whereas Law was a disaster. But I don't care, it's done. Furthermore we had a few christmas parties in and around university, but most of the people have already left on thursday or friday the latest. So there were only three persons left on friday night (including me), so that we cooked together a gratin out of rests we still had in our fridges.

I will soon snuggle myself in front of the chimney, reading a book. However I am really tired as I skied a lot today. Before we will have dinner together.

After all these months without my family, I am really happy to be here now. I try to enjoy time but I have 6 exams after my holidays. So work will continue.

Before I forget it: I also wish you a good start in 2012! Next Sunday, I will try to post on time, depending on whether I am too tired or not :)

Joyeux Noël - Frohe Weihnachten - Feliz Navidad - Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment