Sunday 8 January 2012

Motivation, where are you?

Only 5 days left until my first exams. OMG, I'm so nervous. But still, my motivation is hidden somewhere. Help! Did you see it? If, let me know. Please.

I am back in Germany in my own apartment, with no parents asking weird questions. But I am also here, knowing that have seven exams coming up soon and that I must kick off some learning sessions. It's easier said than done.

I am not that kind of person who sits down 10 hours a day to learn. I do 7 hours maximum (I was so shattered afterwards), but I need some time to relax as well. Let me tell you what I did this week to motivate myself and to relax:
  • shopping (found a really nice pullover in sale and a waistcoat)
  • chocolat fondu at a friend's
  • walking around
  • reading
  • watching one episode after the other of Gossip Girl
  • watching TV in general
  • watching movies on the internet
  • cooking

And hey, yesterday I tried a new dish: It was easy, inexpensive, delicious and still extraordinary. Here is the recipe and some photos I took:

Stir-fried chicken and pasta (4 persons)

270 g jar sun-dried (sun-blushed) tomatoes in oil
3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
2 garlic cloves, crushed
125 ml cream
2 tablespoons of shredded basil
400 g penne pasta, cooked
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted

Method:
Drain the sun-dried tomatoes, reserving the oil. Thinly slice the sun-dried tomatoes.
Heat a wok until very hot, add one tablespoon of the reserved oil and swirl it around to coat the side. Stir-fry the chicken strips in batches, adding more oil when necessary.
Return all the chicken strips to the wok and add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and cream. Simmer gently for 4-5 minutes.
Divide the pasta among serving bowls, top with the sauce and sprinkle with the basil and pine nuts.

Chicken
Sauce
Done
So, next Saturday first exam: Maths. Let's cross fingers that it works out. 
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment